Memberlist Usergroups
Register
A friends concern
XIR Clan Forum Index » News and General Discussion » A friends concern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LethalAddixtion
Intermediate

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: A friends concern

Hey all, im just going around to the forums i visit and posting this to help a friend spread his word, it may not apply in the servers Xanton runs but it wouldnt hurt to be aware of whats going on in other servers:

To all of the UT community,

There is no community without communication!

Before I start I would like to say this.

Please take some time out to read through with an open positive mind.

As most of you are probably aware the UT community as it stands is very poor. This is mainly to do with lack of positive communication between players and clans. Most of the communication has become very negative. Players flaming other players, clans flaming other clans. And I am not just speaking about public servers. This also includes ladders and IRC. If we are to strive and to keep the community alive we really need to do something about this. The solution is very easy. Take the time to actually get to know the other players/clans. Be it over IRC, in game chat, teamspeak, ventrilo, whatever. Just be nice and friendly and I am sure you will find that most of the players out there are good people and very nice to talk with. At the end of the day were all basically the same. Some have families, a wife, husband, or children. Some are single, young, old, black, white, male, female. But the 3 things we all have in common are these. Were all flesh and bone, were all just sitting in front of our pc's and we are all just playing the same "GAME".

Some players are better skilled than others, some players play just for the fun factor and others would like to become good enough so they can be classed as pro players. None of these matter. If you’re beaten in a game it's not the end of the world! We all have our bad games no matter what skill level we are. A lot of the members of the community have been playing this game for a very long time. I myself have been playing it since the very first Unreal came out. But there are still also a lot of new players. Please don’t scare them off by flaming them in game with words such as "nab" or "n00b". Remember! You were also new to this game once! Maybe take some time and give the new players tips on how to play? We need to get this community stronger and this won’t happen by scaring the new blood off! This also won’t happen if the old-time players decide to quit because of all the abuse they receive. Server admins be more vigilant! And warn/kick the abusive players until they realize their mistakes. We have all probably flamed and done all of the above in the past. But please let bygones be bygones and let’s all just try and get along! Let’s sweep all past confrontations under the carpet. And lets all start fresh. No more "n00b, nab, hax" Lets see more. GG. Good shot. Nice shot. No matter how the game goes. Let’s see the higher ranked players and clans actually communicating with the lower players and clans. Just because they may not be as skilled at the game as you does not mean they should be ignored or flamed. If all of this is achieved then you/we will all find online games to be much more fun and friendly. This will also bring the new players back for more. And it will make our "community" much stronger. And if the above is achieved then maybe UT2007 will start off on the rite foot!

If you have read this far then it's already started.

Please pass this on to other players and clans. And please add your clans IRC and web url info to the list so we can start the communicating!

The~Saint
mail@flatlinersclan.co.uk
www.flatlinersclan.co.uk
IRC quakenet.org #flatlinersclan

{GP}Perentie

http://sofia166.server4you.de/~servers/html/index.php
irc quakenet.org #{GP}clan

XIR.Scout109
Can't Stop Posting

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: A friends concern

LethalAddixtion wrote:

{GP}Perentie

http://sofia166.server4you.de/~servers/html/index.php
irc quakenet.org #{GP}clan

lool....and u all know who perentie is?

you all remember Locke? <SBD>Locke? thats his bro...but might i add he is a different person than Locke i think a better al-round player etc. strange seeing his name again. Smile
 Back to top »
EvO
Addicted

Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:

i totally agree with that guy....those people in the realy big servers make me cry allot....they say all this mean things to me...like your fat "biatch" and u are ugly....and the worse 1 of them all is./..youre mom is fat...Razz
so i totally agree and want the people that are playing this game to be friendly and don't call my mama fatt.....she's big boned... Razz

Greetzs EvO

1 Kilopost
1 Kilopost

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject:

oh yea ... Locke Twisted Evil my best friend? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Can't Stop Posting

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree with whoever wrote that. I haven't played much at all in the last year, and a few weeks ago when i finally did play again, i found the whole experience completely different! Everyone used to say hi, good shot, and talk a lot during games, but they don't now. I'm not refering to our server, cos i think we've managed to keep a friendly, fun atmosphere. I'm not even saying that i got abuse in other servers, just that no one says a goddamn word! Maybe that's because everyone is in TS talking, i don't know?, but i doubt that everyone would be. At the end of games no one talks. I think that's down to zounds though, people are too obsessed with those to chat with anyone. Confused
5 Kiloposts
5 Kiloposts

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Also agree with the first post. BTW: Had some good
talks with Perentie - he's a nice guy and welcome on
our servers.

Yer, I notice sometimes when I'm on a different servers
but I'm really happy to see the friendliness on ours. Well
whoever's getting rude will soon notice it's not a good
idea. Well, maybe I'm wrong and others have a different
view but actually I think we don't have such a problem
on any of our servers. I'll support The~Saint 's idea though!

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Purger
Advanced

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I passed it trough to one clan runned by few of my mates so I hope they will read it trough and also pass it somwhere and maybe someone after all will read this trough and there will be more friendly servers and ppl Smile
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Perentie
Rookie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject:

wow some old faces in here, scout aint seen u for like 1 year or so, and xanton too man nice to see yas again, n1 sheeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrri sherri baby for passing saints post about Very Happy good to see yas all again...cool looking forum btw....in me favs now Very Happy

Back to top »
~XT4S3R~
1 Kilopost
1 Kilopost

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject:

hey perentie Very Happy nice to see u here Very Happy Btw it's me Hyp3ri0n Wink
1 Kilopost
1 Kilopost

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject:

Hey Perentie, nice to see you M8, Very Happy are you still playing UT Question

not seen you for months!

hopefully see more of you in our servers Wink

DONT GET MAD!! GET EVEN!!!
 Back to top »
XIR.*Star
Can't Stop Posting

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi Perentie Smile So do you live in Sunderland???
5 Kiloposts
5 Kiloposts

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Hi Perentie, I'm glad you made it into
our forums. Hope to play you again
on our servers. Very Happy

Have a lot of fun! Greater!
Björn (Xanton)

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Perentie
Rookie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:

heheh alrite lads, yeah im still playing ut...cups starting soon but we in prem league in ictf and itdm which was a shock to us, we were hoping for div 2 to stand a chance of gold, have connection probs atm tho high ping and packet loss, just waiting for aohell to fix it, yeah im from sunny sunderland mate, that crap factory down the road to newcastle Wink
but cool to see yas again and Lseven aint seen ya for many a moon either Very Happy ill have a dodge in ya server one day more than likely one night when im drunk Razz cya lads have fun!
 Back to top »
XIR.<=Domino=>
Addicted

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: hi

hey,

only played you a few times...
a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away loool

but anyway nice post

X|R.<=Tok'Ra=>
 Back to top »
XIR Clan Forum Index » News and General Discussion » A friends concern
Page 1 of 1